How We Work Together
At UCJC Ultimate We will use the reasonable skill and care expected of a Master Builder. We will construct and complete the works so they comply with relevant standards and satisfy regulatory authorities. We will rectify any defects in the works for 6 months after completion. Your statutory rights are not affected.
We will act honestly and in your best interests.
We will (and will require our employees and subcontractors to) treat you and your property with respect.
We will keep your property safe, clean and a healthy working environment. However, as a construction site, we will create dust, noise and vibrations as we carry out the project.
We will comply with all relevant laws and health and safety legislation.
We currently hold appropriate levels of insurance cover for public liability, employer’s liability and contractor’s all risks for your project.
We will carry out the works regularly, normally working on Mondays to Fridays from 8 am to 5 pm, however, your project manager will keep you up to date with any day to day changes and we will make reasonable progress.
We will update you regularly on the progress of the project.
Once the work is substantially complete we will:
- Leave your property clean, tidy and ready to use/occupy,
- Legally dispose of all waste,
- Provide you will relevant instructions, product guarantees, warranties and a certificate that the works are complete,
- Outline any maintenance or operating issues you need to be aware of, and
- Agree on a date to return to your property to make good any minor defects or snagging items which arise as soon as possible, but in any event, within 6 months after completion.
What We Can Do
We may supply you with samples of materials, goods and fittings for your approval. Once approved, if you later change your mind, this may result in you incurring extra costs. All materials, goods and fittings will be of satisfactory quality, fit for their purpose and match any samples provided.
We may subcontract elements of the works. If we do, we are responsible for those subcontractors and for their work.
What We Are Not Doing
We are not providing:
- Advice on your obligations under the Party Walls Act or CDM Regulations. The FMB Guides set out Our duties, please see Code of Conduct for Members of the Federation of Master Builders Limited
- Advice on any design provided to us for the works. You and your designers are responsible for checking that the design meets your requirements.
- Relevant notices to the relevant Authorities.
You will pay our invoices (which we will issue as described in the Offer) quickly and fairly within 14 days of
receiving each invoice. If you do not pay our invoices on time, we can charge simple interest at 3% above the current base rate.
You will provide us with reasonable access to your property to enable us to complete the work for you. You are asked to keep the working area free from personal possessions and obstructions.
We would encourage you to check the progress of the works and that it continues to meet your requirements, or let us know if you appoint someone to do so on your behalf as we will be happy to work with them.
You may not employ others to work on the project or your property without telling us first as we have overall responsibility for safety.
Changes During the Project
We will inform you of any unforeseen problems or delays as early as possible and discuss how these affect your aims for the project.
If you ask us to make any changes to the works, we will confirm these in writing (using the Change of Work Form) as well as any extra costs or time involved. We will jointly agree on the new price before we carry out the changes. If we cannot agree with the extra costs involved, you may ask us not to carry out the changes. If you ask us to continue with changes but we do not agree on a price in advance, then we may add a fair and reasonable sum to our next invoice.
If Things Go Wrong
Our liability for any loss or damage you suffer as a result of us carrying out the works is limited to your provable mitigated consequential losses.
If a dispute arises we will try and resolve it by discussing it with you. If we cannot resolve it then we both agree to use the FMB Complaint Service.
The laws of England and Wales apply to this agreement and the courts of England and Wales have jurisdiction and enforcement powers.
Ending this Agreement
If you decide to cancel the project once work has started, please let us know as soon as possible and we will end the works and send you an invoice for work completed up to that point.
You must pay all costs that we have incurred to the date we leave your property, as well as damages for our consequential losses (e.g. lost profits).
If either of us is in serious breach of its obligations under this agreement, the other may ask them to rectify that breach within two weeks and, if they do not, can terminate this contract by written notice. Upon any termination, both of us will take steps to bring all work in progress to an orderly conclusion. We will invoice you for any sums remaining due which you will pay within 14 days.
Last Updated: 15/11/2021
Current Rates – 2021:
1st hour is £50 (Min. service hire period) + £22.50 incl. VAT for a subsequent half hour thereafter
Bookings via Online Form: CLICK HERE
– Payment is required on the same day, at the end of the services, clock-out time, by cash or bank transfer to the account details below:
Account No: 82098077 Sort code: 51-70-57
– Electronic receipt of payment is sent to the email provided shortly after payment is made.
Parking, ULEZ & Congestion Charges (CC) :
– Where applied, Charged additionally (if not provided free of charge)
Building Materials and Parts for the works :
– Any Building Materials or Parts required for the works to be completed, which are supplied by our handyman, are charged at +10% of the item price.
(We do not charge for the time we spend doing the shopping for you).
Tip: To avoid being charged the 10%, please allow extra time to prepare for the works required and have everything on site ready before your handyman arrive.
CANCEL FREE OF CHARGE, 24 hours prior your handyman to arriving on-site….
Please Note: If a booking is cancelled in less than 24 hours before the start of your booking times, our Min. service hire period of 1 hour will become payable.